Upcoming BGC Events
- Join BGC on Saturday August 11th for a full day and night of high flying action at the Lucha Libre Spectacular at the Waldorf Vancouver! An authentic Lucha Libre and summer street fest in support of BGC! For more information or to buy tickets click here.
- Share the Fare with Harbour Air: Harbour Air is introducing Share the Fare Fridays, supporting the BC coastal communities they serve. Book your Harbour Air flight on a Friday, and they donate $1 from every flight to their charity partners (like BGC!). You can help make a difference with a Share the Fare donation of your own on any flight, any day. Ask them how!
- Club House Gala 2018: Save the date for the best “un-gala” in the city! The Club House Gala will be happening on Thursday, September 20th, 2018 at the beautiful Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Be sure to mark your calendar now! You can rsvp your tickets now or enquire about sponsorships by calling 604-879-6554, ext 105.
Community Events and Support
- Planet Fitness Surrey is collecting back-to-school supplies for the month of August. Drop by their Club if you want to help.
- Thank you to Mealshare and all of the restaurant partners and patrons for your support in helping BGC provide healthy snacks and meals to our amazing kids! Click here to learn more about how Mealshare is working to end hunger for children and youth across Canada.
- Thank you Green Inspiration BC for your ongoing support to BGC through your donation bins!
- Support BGC when you purchase a copy of this book to help your child with new school jitters Lucy and Her Magic Umbrella. Partial proceeds will be donated to BGC.
About the author: Yasmin Wallace was born in a small town in Ontario, Canada and currently lives in North Vancouver, B.C. where she works in the booming film and TV industry. With a background in visual and creative arts and a love for personal development, Yasmin has spent her life as an artist and an inventor of unique ideas. After having her son, Yasmin wanted to share some of the simple tools that had a positive impact on her family’s life. Lucy and Her Magic Umbrella is Yasmin’s first book and she hopes that you will enjoy the fun and creative way it helps your child create positive new habits.
You can purchase her book from Amazon by clicking this link: here.
- Scotiabank 5K and Half-Marathon: Do you like a challenge? Join BGC’s team for the Scotiabank Charity Challenge 5K on June 24th. You can walk, run, hop, or skip AND help to raise the critical funds needed to support BGC’s Club programs and services that help over 12,000 children, youth and families throughout the Lower Mainland. A 5K not your speed? Why not register for the Half-Marathon instead?!
- HBC Giving Day: On April 6, 2018 Boys and Girls Clubs are once again the national partner for the Hudson’s Bay Company and Home Outfitter’s Giving Day campaign. Purchase a $5 ticket in-store that entitles you to receive a discount on almost all purchases! 70% of the proceeds from tickets sold in-store will be donated to Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada’s Summer Brain Gain program. HBC Summer Brain Gain provides opportunities for Club kids ages 6 – 8 to practice reading and mathematics skills on a daily basis, with a focus on two key outcomes: educational activities that look and feel different from the regular school day, and high levels of kids’ engagement and motivation. Buy your $5 ticket when you shop at The Bay or Home Outfitter’s on Friday, April 6th! Save money on your purchases and support kids in your community – what’s better than that?!
- Party City: Are you holding a party in February or March? When you visit a Party City location throughout the Lower Mainland during February and March you can support Boys and Girls Clubs by making a donation at the cash register!
- Pink Shirt Day 2018: It was a great morning in downtown Vancouver on February 28th for this year’s Pink Shirt Day anti-bullying awareness campaign. Almost 200 BGC kids, staff, and volunteers made their voices heard encouraging others to combat cyberbullying. Check out photos of the morning here. Thanks to all of the BGC besties, who came out in the morning, and to our in-kind donors who contributed food and beverages to the kids’ Pink Shirt Day wrap party after school. We’re looking at you Panago Pizza, Old Dutch Foods, Safeway, and Coca-Cola! Thank you very much!
- The Vancouver Santa Claus Parade: was tonnes of fun for BGC kids and staff on Sunday, December 3rd! Take a look at our photo album to see BGC’s happy dancing kids and fine-looking float!
- Club House Gala 2017: September 28th was a big success for BGC! Check out the fun we had in our photo album.
- Scotiabank 5K & Half Marathon: June 25, 2017 – Planning to run? Join the Scotiabank Charity Challenge and run for BGC’s amazing kids!
- Play On!: The street hockey tournament! Love playing hockey? Hockey Night in Canada and BGC held an exciting weekend tournament in Coquitlam – June 17-18. $500 from every corporate team registration went to support BGC!