Job Sustainment Counsellor - Temporary - WorkBC
START DATE: Jun 2021
REPORTS TO: Manager Employment Services
Summary of Responsibilities
Boys & Girls Club of South Coast BC are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic individual who has significant knowledge of the labour market and extensive experience supporting clients to find and sustainable employment.
The Job Sustainment Counsellor creates a culture of prevention, support, and early intervention to ensure clients can access tailored employment advice and guidance to achieve sustainable employment. The Job Sustainment Counsellor will play a vital role in ensuring clients receive tailored job maintenance support, quality service provision and ensure all employment information is collected and recorded accurately within WorkBC guidelines.
- Sustains regular and ongoing contact with clients to ensure clients’ sustainment can by verified and evidence can be collated.
- Motivates clients to ensure they continue to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to remain sustainably employed.
- Arranges appointments and provides individualised support with clients who are employed and require further support as required.
- Makes several attempts to keep in close contact with the client, including calling, texting, emailing and by post.
- Ensures clients are contacted based on their risk of falling out of work, booked back into the centre quickly and ICM has full notes of all contact.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to ensure any clients who fall out of work can be seen by an Employment Counsellor quickly and efficiently.
- Works collaboratively with Job Developers to ensure employment verification can be obtained for all clients and Employers’ recruitment needs can be met.
- Verifies all outcomes to ensure data quality and compliance standards are met within the guidelines of WorkBC.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of the labour market.
- Accurately maintains relevant ICM systems and procedures and individual caseload trackers.
- Ensures individual and WorkBC Key Performance Measures are consistently achieved.
- Bills sustained outcome fees through ICM.
- Other duties as required
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- A post-secondary certificate, degree, or diploma in a relevant field (e.g. career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, human services, counselling, education, or human resources management) with related experience in employment programs.
- Working knowledge of Work BC Integrated Case Management (ICM) Tool and Employment Programs of BC policies and procedures
- Ability to meet key performance measures and objectives while providing a client centered quality service
- Good knowledge of existing programs, services, community resources and local labour market conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, possessing patience, tact, flexibility, and ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to work some Saturdays and evenings, and in North Delta and Ladner locations
- Reliable vehicle insured for business (2 million liability)
- A Certified Career Development Practitioner designation is an asset
This is a full time (35 hours per week) temporary position from June 2021 to June 2022.
Thanks in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BGC recognizes the value and importance of building and sustaining a culturally diverse environment and commits to intentional efforts to reflect that (along with our values) in all that we do. BGC has always been committed to diversity, and we believe that articulating our commitment to it in this way will support the ongoing evolution of this in our work going forward.
For employees, participants, volunteers, donors, and the community, we demonstrate that commitment through:
- Recruitment, employment, development, and promotion practices that are barrier free
- Encouraging representatives of diverse identities (race, national or ethnic origin, language, spiritual beliefs, age, gender, sexual identity, marital status, family structure, political beliefs, mental or physical ability, or socioeconomic status) to apply for available positions, participate in programs, and/or engage with BGC
- Making decisions based solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, performance, and organizational needs