Group Facilitator, p/t
START DATE: Sep 2019
REPORTS TO: Coordinator, Parent Services
Summary of Responsibilities
The Group Facilitator leads a safe and supportive Parents in the Know weekly support group and ensures that key responsibilities including, planning, reporting and evaluation are done in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Facilitates a weekly Parents in the Know support group meeting.
- Fosters a warm, supportive, and confidential atmosphere for parents.
- Maintains up-to-date records on participants; provides progress reports to the Coordinator.
- Completes all required documentation.
- Participates as a constructive and integral member of the Parents Services team including consultation, sharing of information and expertise and participation in supervision meetings.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of community resources to meet clients’ needs.
- Represents Boys and Girls Clubs in the community.
- Provides liaison and education to other professionals and other community agencies.
- Participates in staff training sessions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- A degree (BA) in counselling, social work or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least two year’s relevant work experience
- Knowledge of intervention strategies related to substance use, suicide prevention,
children & youth abuse and neglect, etc.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Well developed verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of group process and skilled in the use of facilitation techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Personal maturity and sound judgment, self-motivated, results oriented
- Well versed in group dynamics and problem solving strategies
This is an hourly part-time position between 7 to 10 hours per week involving evening work.
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.