START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Camp Director
Summary of Responsibilities
Camp Potlatch, owned and operated by Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC, is a wilderness based residential summer camp located in BC’s Howe Sound area for children between the ages of 7 and 16. Camp Potlatch has been in operation for over 70 years with the philosophy of providing quality summer experiences to all children, including those from low-income families. Successful camp staff candidates will require a criminal record check and must provide references. All spring, summer and fall staff live and work on site, which is located 45 minutes away from downtown Vancouver. Seasonal contracts range from 10 weeks to six months.
The selected candidate will act as the primary health care provider at Camp Potlatch. The Camp Nurse will be responsible for meeting the overall health needs of both staff and campers. These duties will include promoting a healthy and safe environment, dispensing medications, tending to ill or injured participants, maintaining accurate and detailed documentation, communicating with parents, providing staff leadership and training, and providing direction and support to first aid attendants.
Remuneration for this position includes transportation to and from Camp Potlatch, meals, accommodation, and a competitive industry salary for the term. Flexibility in the workweek is required.
- Dispense, report and track daily medications
- Tend to ill and injured patients
- Maintain detailed documentation
- Keep the health centre clean, sterile and organized
- Assist in ordering first aid supplies and stocking first aid kits each week
- Work as an active and positive member of the Camp Potlatch staff team
- By the position start date, applicants must hold a current license with the Registered Nurses Association of British Columbia
- Experience working with children and youth is preferred
The salary is negotiable.
For more information please take a look at the 2018 Staff Application Guide available on the Camp Potlatch website at www.camppotlatch.com
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.