Coordinator, Employment Programs
START DATE: As soon as possible
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employment Services
Summary of Responsibilities
The Coordinator will provide leadership, supervision, coordination and support to staff to deliver Boys and Girls Club employment programs. The Coordinator ensures that programs meet funder requirements and contractual targets, and that participant outcomes meet organizational and funder expectations. As needed, the Coordinator will work with staff to deliver the programs.
- Oversees program activities to ensure they operate in accordance with policies, procedures, contractual agreements and standards as set out by the provincial and federal funders and by the Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC (BGC).
- With the Manager, oversees the recruitment, orientation, and performance management of employment services staff.
- Coordinates and schedules staff to ensure that each employment program has the resources to meet client needs and program outcomes
- Coordinate service delivery to ensure optimal outcomes in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Supports staff to achieve service and statistical goals and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring that relevant statistical, program and client reports and records are accurate and kept up to date.
- Monitors and review service delivery statistics to ensure key performance targets and outcomes are met.
- Ensures approved curriculums and frameworks are being adhered to.
- Monitors service and program expenditures operate within approved budget.
- Ensures that appropriate systems are in place to support and maintain the program
- Coordinates marketing strategies to ensure programs maintain full enrollment.
- Establishes and enhance networks with government agencies, community partners, employers and professional bodies
- Delivers program activities with staff as needed
- Performs other duties as required
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- Completion of a Bachelor Degree in social sciences or a related discipline or the equivalent education and experience (education and training in adult education, employment counselling/placement is an asset).
- 3 to 5 years of experience in program development, leadership and budget management (experience coordinating government funded programs is an asset).
- Outstanding leadership skills and experience supervising a multi-cultural/disciplinary team of staff
- Extensive knowledge and experience in employment programs and services, labour market conditions. Direct program delivery experience with youth and young adults is an asset.
- Knowledge of career counselling approaches, educational methodologies, employment placement strategies, and case management techniques.
- Experience achieving high levels of client satisfaction and contractual targets
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and coordinating government funded employment programs;
- Competence with networking and building relationships with various stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software
- Reliable vehicle insured for business use with 2 million liability with clean drivers abstract
- Multilingual capability is an asset
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) position from with benefits after 6 months and pension after one year.
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.