START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employment Services
Summary of Responsibilities
The Facilitator works with the Job Coach to facilitate sessions and coordinate day-to-day operations of the Ready, Set, Work – Delta program, while providing facilitation and administration support to the Skills Link and Ready, Set, Work contracts. The Facilitator supports participants in learning duties and behaviours related to employment and life skills. The Facilitator assists participants to secure work placements, liaises with employers, and provides assessment and assistance with goal setting, individual program planning, and implementation strategies.
- Facilitates job search workshops to assist participants in designing self-marketing tools including resume development, cover letters, references, and interviewing techniques, etc.
- Facilitates career exploration workshops to assist participants to recognize skills and values, interests, and aptitude related to career choices.
- Facilitates workshops to assist participants with researching information and statistics including occupation profiles, emerging and declining sectors, education and training options.
- Assists participants with life skills, work search strategies, and skills development through group settings and one-to-one support.
- Develops and facilitates workshops, ensuring that curriculum and materials are updated, relevant, and meet the needs of participant groups.
- Provides current employment related information such as labor market information, employment standards, and on-line job search strategies.
- Assesses participants’ adaptive behaviour and implements training programs designed to meet their social, community, and vocational goals.
- Makes appropriate referrals for training and community programs and services (e.g. Counselling, Food Bank, Housing Registry, etc.).
- Arranges for guest speakers that reflect the diversity and scope of the local labour market.
- Provides employment counselling and coaching on a scheduled and as-needed basis with individual participants.
- Works with the Job Coach to finds employment opportunities for participants and develops host/employer relationship to increase future placement opportunities.
- Supports participants throughout the phases of the Ready, Set, Work – Delta Program.
- Supports participants throughout the phases of the Youth on Track Skills Link Program.
- Ensures that accurate program and participant records are maintained and complete.
Markets services to employers and community groups to increase awareness of the benefits of hiring program participants.
- Assists the Job Coach with promoting, organizing, and hosting industry events such as employer panels, professional association information sessions, and industry-specific seminars.
- Supports administration and reconciliation of service provider invoices.
- In consultation with the Manager, Employment Services, monitors expenditures to ensure they are maintained within budgets.
- May work in other employment sites/programs during high volumes and/or coverage needs as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- Willing to travel and provide service at various employment service site locations.
A relevant degree such as Social Work, or Education or a two-year diploma in a related field (i.e., Career Practitioner or Employment Counselling) and related experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in group facilitation in the employment services or related field. Direct program delivery experience with unemployed individuals with barriers & youth receiving government assistance is preferred.
- Experience developing and delivering employment and life skills related workshops are preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of employment-related support services, and current challenges in the employment support service area.
- A working knowledge of group process and facilitation techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to teach skills in both one-to-one and group settings.
- Well-developed interpersonal, counselling, conflict resolution, oral and written communication skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- An ability to work in a stressful environment often dealing with crisis situations.
- Demonstrated assessment skills.
- The following certifications and skills would be an asset: A valid First Aid certificate,
Personality Dimensions Certificate
This is a temporary full time position 35 hours a week ending July 31st 2019.
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.