Facilitators - Employment Now (Multiple Positions)
START DATE: As soon as possible
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employment Services
Summary of Responsibilities
The Facilitators works with the Employment team to provide employment and life skills related training and support to youth and young adult clients in the new Employment Now programs and other BGC employment programs in both one to one and workshop settings across the region. The Facilitator supports participants to learn duties and associated behaviours related to sustainable employment and develops and delivers curriculum to achieve this.
- Facilitates job search workshops to assist participants in designing self-marketing tools including resume development, cover letters, references, and interviewing techniques, etc.
- Facilitates career exploration workshops to assist participants to recognize skills and values, interests, and aptitude related to career choices.
- Facilitates workshops to assist participants with researching information and statistics including occupation profiles, emerging and declining sectors, education and training options.
- Assists participants with life skills, job finding strategies, and skills development through group settings and one-to-one support.
- Develops and facilitates workshops, ensuring that curriculum and materials are updated, relevant, and meet the needs of participant groups and employer partners.
- Provides current employment related information such as labor market information, employment standards, and on-line job search strategies.
- Assesses participants’ adaptive behaviour and implements training programs designed to meet their social, community, and vocational goals.
- Makes appropriate referrals for training and community programs and services (e.g. Counselling, Food Bank, Housing Registry, etc.).
- Arranges for guest speakers that reflect the diversity and scope of the local labour market.
- Supports the Job Coaches to provide employment counselling and coaching on a scheduled and as-needed basis with individual participants.
- Supports participants throughout the phases of the Employment Now Program.
- Ensures that accurate and up-to-date program and participant records are maintained and complete.
- In consultation with the Manager, Employment Services, monitors expenditures to ensure they are maintained within budgets.
- May work in other employment programs during high volumes and/or coverage needs as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- Willing to travel and provide service at various employment service site
- A relevant degree such as Social Work, or Education or a two-year diploma in a related field (i.e., Career Practitioner or Employment Counselling) and related Direct program delivery experience with youth and young adults is preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in group facilitation in the employment services or related
- Experience developing and delivering employment and life skills related
- Demonstrated working knowledge of employment-related support services, and current challenges facing employment seekers.
- Knowledge of group process and facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to teach skills in both one-to-one and group
- Well-developed interpersonal, counselling, conflict resolution, oral and written communication
- Good organization and time management skills.
- An ability to work in a stressful environment often dealing with crisis
- Demonstrated assessment
- The following certifications and skills would be an asset:
- A valid First Aid certificate
- Personality Dimensions Certificate
This is a full time (35 hours per week) position from with benefits after 6 months and pension after one year.
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.