Grant Writing and Stewardship Specialist (part time)
START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Director, Resource Development
Summary of Responsibilities
The Foundation is seeking a self-motivated, energetic person to work with our Resource Development team where every team member plays a critical role. This person will be responsible for completing grant applications, proposals, project budgets, and stewardship reports, with a specific focus on BGC Canada and Government grants and opportunities.
The Resource Development team is responsible for raising funds to support the programs and services offered at BGC South Coast BC.
- Prepares funding proposals, grant applications, project budgets and stewardship reports, with the focus on BGC Canada and Government grants and opportunities in keeping with funder requirements and deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring all relevent information related to proposals is entered into the donor database.
- Coordinates and leads annual reporting of statistics required in BGC Canada membership agreement.
- Assists with writing related to policy manual updates/revisions.
- Assists with submission of applications for property tax exemptions as needed.
- Maintains the values of the organization and follows ethical fundraising practices.
- Clear Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- A minimum of three years of experience in fundraising and grant writing
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient time and general management skills.
- Experience with databases, Microsoft Office Suite, researching the internet etc.
- Experience with DonorPerfect would be an asset.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with the ability to think critically and resolve issues.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multiple ongoing projects while working under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Must be flexible to attend donor related events that occur on evenings and/or weekends.
- Class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle would be an asset.
Part-time (30 hours per week) position for one-year term (possibility of extension) starting at $40,560.00, with paid vacation based on three weeks in first year, paid sick and personal leave, birthday off and up to 5 days statutory holiday substitution days per year to celebrate/recognize religious, cultural, and/or personal days that are important to the employee where those days are not currently recognized as statutory holidays in BC/Canada).
Thanks in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BGC recognizes the value and importance of building and sustaining a culturally diverse environment and commits to intentional efforts to reflect that (along with our values) in all that we do. BGC has always been committed to diversity, and we believe that articulating our commitment to it in this way will support the ongoing evolution of this in our work going forward.
For employees, participants, volunteers, donors, and the community, we demonstrate that commitment through:
- Recruitment, employment, development, and promotion practices that are barrier free
- Encouraging representatives of diverse identities (race, national or ethnic origin, language, spiritual beliefs, age, gender, sexual identity, marital status, family structure, political beliefs, mental or physical ability, or socioeconomic status) to apply for available positions, participate in programs, and/or engage with BGC
- Making decisions based solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, performance, and organizational needs