Job Developer - Employment
START DATE: Apr 2019
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employment Services
Summary of Responsibilities
Boys & Girls Club of South Coast BC are seeking a results orientated Job Developer who is responsible for initiating and building lasting relationships with local employers, creating work experience opportunities that lead to sustainable employment for clients.The position will support clients in job search activities to secure work experience, volunteer positions and paid employment opportunities as well as providing follow up support to clients in the workplace. The Job Developer plays a key role in securing proof of employment documentation from clients or employers up to the 52 week milestone.
- Maintains and monitors client progress to successful job attachment outcome by building a strong rapport with clients and employers, documenting client activities in the Integrated Case Management System (ICM), providing on-going job sustainment services, and conducting routine follow-up during the 24-to-52 week cycle of client participation.
- Plays a key role in securing proof of employment documentation from clients or employers at the 52-week milestone.
- Maintains an excellent working knowledge of local employment opportuntites via cold calling, attending networking events, engaging with local boards of trade etc.
- Develops ongoing relationships with employers and maintains such relationships using internal datebases.
- Markets paid, un-paid and wage sunsidy services to employers.
- Collaboratively engages with Employment Counsellors to review identified work search strategies for job search ready participants.
- Offers feedback on prepared cover letters and resumes of job search ready participants.
- Reviews identified target industries, offers feedback on employment engagement plan and comes to agreement on selected activities.
- Reviews participant’s career action plan outlining employment goals and defined activities for employer connections and workplace experience.
- Navigates and supports participants through interviewing and employment decision making processes.
- Liaises with Employment Counsellors to strategize and monitor post employment success of clients.
- Utilizes the integrated case management system to capture client data, monitor clients and create benefit orders for clients.
- Markets services to employers and community groups to increase awareness and benefits of hiring client group.
- Promotes, organizes and hosts several industry events per month such as employer panels, professional association information sessions, and industry- specific seminars.
- Promotes clients to employers in targeted industry sectors, the local business community, professional associations and community groups.
- Other duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- A post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma in a relevant field (e.g. career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, human services, counselling, education or human resources management).
- A reliable vehicle insured for business use and 2 million liability and a clean drivers abstract.
- A minimum of 2-3 years in employment service; recruiter experience an asset.
Must be able to manage a large caseload while maintaining balance between client services and outcome targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, possessing patience, tact, flexibility and ability to build rapport with clients.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi task.
Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel do outreach work weekends and evenings.
- Knowledge of current local and regional economic conditions and labour market information across range of industry sectors.
- Knowledge of occupational matching.
- Ability to provide employment and career counseling to diverse socioeconomic and cultural client populations.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to assist clients with career exploration & job search activities.
- Strong knowledge of business structures and the issues faced by small and large organizations in recruiting and retaining a multicultural workforce.
- Proven experience developing productive and professional relationships with individual clients, employers and business community associations.
- Proven ability to be creative in establishing linkages through networking and connecting opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience successfully marketing services to employers to garner labour market information, generate job leads, and create opportunities for employer and job seeker interactions such as workplace experience.
This is a full time (35 hours per week) salary position with benefits after six months.
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.