Job Sustainment Counsellor
START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employment Services
Summary of Responsibilities
Boys & Girls Club of South Coast BC are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic individual who has significant knowledge of the labour market and extensive experience supporting clients to find and sustain employment. The Job Sustainment Counsellor creates a culture of prevention, support and early intervention to ensure clients can access tailored employment advice and guidance to achieve sustainable employment. The Job Sustainment Counsellor will play a vital role in ensuring clients receive tailored job maintenance support, quality service provision and ensure all employment information is collected and recorded accurately within WorkBC guidelines.
- Sustains regular and ongoing contact with clients to ensure clients’ sustainment can by verified and evidence can be collated.
- Motivates clients to ensure they continue to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to remain sustainably employed.
- Arranges appointments and provides individualised support with clients who are employed but require further support as required.
- Makes several attempts to keep in close contact with the client, including calling, texting, emailing and by post.
- Ensures clients are contacted based on their risk of falling out of work, booked back into the centre quickly and ICM has full notes of all contact.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to ensure any clients who fall out of work can be seen by an Employment Counsellor quickly and efficiently.
- Works collaboratively with Job Developers to ensure employment verification can be obtained for all clients and Employers’ recruitment needs can be met.
- Verifies all outcomes to ensure data quality and compliance standards are met within the guidelines of WorkBC.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of the labour market.
- Accurately maintains relevant ICM systems and procedures and individual caseload trackers.
- Ensures individual and WorkBC Key Performance Measures are consistently achieved.
- Bills sustained outcome fees through ICM.
- Other duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- A post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma in a relevant field (e.g. career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, human services, counselling, education or human resources management) with related experience in employment programs.
- Working knowledge of Work BC Integrated Case Management Tool and Employment Programs of BC policies and procedures
- Ability to meet key performance measures and objectives while providing a client centered quality service
- Good knowledge of existing programs, services, community resources and local labour market conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, possessing patience, tact, flexibility and ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi task
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to work some Saturdays and evenings, and in both North Delta and Ladner locations
- Reliable vehicle insured for business (2 million liability)
- A Certified Career Development Practitioner designation is desirable
This is a full time (35 hours per week) salary position with benefits after six months.
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.