START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Finance
Summary of Responsibilities
The Jr. Accountant supports the Senior Director, Finance in ensuring accounting operations run smoothly. The position utilizes excellent accounting and finance skills accurately recording transactions, performing reconciliations, analyses, and maintaining files for monthly reporting and annual audits.
- Reviews accuracy and post invoice and payment batch prepared by Finance Clerk.
- Provides support in processing payments when Finance Clerk is away.
- Provides support in coding invoices including account inquiries and reconciliations.
Donations / Grants
- Commits Raisers Edge donations entry by Finance Clerk.
- Provides weekly EFT donations to Resource Development.
- Prints tax and acknowledgement receipts including management and securing files.
- Processes monthly EFT donations and journal entries.
- Summarizes, code and prepare journal entries for online donations through Stripe.
- Prepare Weekly Funds Report (WFR) and email to designated recipients.
- Reconciles collection reports and deposit slips from Clubs and prepare journal entries.
- Reconciles camp brain reports to bank credits and prepare journal entries.
- Follow-up on past-due accounts as necessary.
- Performs and complete monthly bank reconciliations and prepare journal entries for adjustments required – Agency, Employment, Foundation and Gaming accounts.
Payroll & Benefits
- Reviews and ensure accuracy of payroll reports and upload bank file/EFT to Bank.
- Reviews and ensure accuracy of payroll journal entry and import to Sage 300, making corrections as required.
- Processes RRSP & Pension remittances and journal entries.
- Reconciles and process benefits remittances and journal entries.
- Processes, report and remit payroll taxes including WCB and journal entries.
- Monitors and report on daily cash position
- Reviews accuracy and post journal entries prepared by Finance Clerk
- Processes monthly recurring entries.
- Prepares periodic invoices, or other required statements.
- Prepares monthly accounting and adjusting journal entries (prepayments, accrued receivables and payables, deferred revenue, etc.)
- Performs regular GL accounts reconciliations (revenue, receivables, payables, clearing accounts, intersociety accounts, etc.)
- Supports Senior Director, Finance in monthly and year-end close and annual audit.
- Maintains accounting controls and recommends policies and/or procedures to improve or enhance existing practices.
- Other tasks as appropriately determined and assigned by Senior Director, Finance.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical skills.
- Minimum 2-year Diploma in Accounting and/or working towards CPA designation.
- At least two years accounting experience. Preference to candidates who have worked in Non-Profits, or in Project Accounting environments.
- Highly-proficient with MS Office applications (Excel & Word).
- Well-developed oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work and carry out the duties of the position with independence.
- Ability to prioritize work load and work under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) salary position with group benefits after 6 months and pension after one year.
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.