Live-In Caretaker Camp Potlatch
START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Director, Camp and Facilities
Summary of Responsibilities
Camp Potlatch is seeking an energetic, organized, and self-directed person or couple with a positive attitude for the position of a year-round live-in caretaker. The camp is located in Howe Sound between Vancouver/Whistler and is accessible by boat only. The caretaker position includes residency in a self-contained house on the beachfront.
The Camp actively runs 6 months of the year. The other 6 months, while no one else is on site, is used for regular maintenance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Routine maintenance checks/repair work on diesel generators, water purification system, incinerator, propane tanks, alarm and sprinkler systems, and boat engine
- Keeping buildings well-maintained/repaired, secure and clean
- Maintaining grounds, removing debris/windfall, snow/ice and other hazards from the premises to ensure overall safety
If you are mechanically inclined, have 3-5 years handyman, custodian experience or equivalence, please send your application to [email protected]
Thanks in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BGC recognizes the value and importance of building and sustaining a culturally diverse environment and commits to intentional efforts to reflect that (along with our values) in all that we do. BGC has always been committed to diversity, and we believe that articulating our commitment to it in this way will support the ongoing evolution of this in our work going forward.
For employees, participants, volunteers, donors, and the community, we demonstrate that commitment through:
- Recruitment, employment, development, and promotion practices that are barrier free
- Encouraging representatives of diverse identities (race, national or ethnic origin, language, spiritual beliefs, age, gender, sexual identity, marital status, family structure, political beliefs, mental or physical ability, or socioeconomic status) to apply for available positions, participate in programs, and/or engage with BGC
- Making decisions based solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, performance, and organizational needs