Manager of Employment Services
START DATE: Mar 2019
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Operations
Summary of Responsibilities
The Manager of Employment Services is responsible for planning, implementing and managing the organization’s employment programs, meeting funder requirements and contractual targets, and ensuring that participant outcomes meet organizational and funder expectations.
- Manages and implements programs to ensure they operate in accordance with policies, procedures, contractual agreements, and standards as set out by the provincial and federal funders and by Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC (BGC).
- Manages program budgets including forecasting, payments, claims, and reconciliation.
- Provides timely reports to Senior Director of Operations and funders.
- Leads the recruitment, orientation, and performance management of employment services staff.
- Oversees and coordinates service delivery ensuring that:
- Appropriate systems are in place to support and maintain the program and to meet contract deliverables
- Programs are meeting or exceeding revenue targets
- Service and program expenditures operate within approved budgets
- Approved curriculums and frameworks are being adhered to
- Accurate program, accounting, participant and funder records are maintained and that confidentiality is a priority
- Relevant statistical, program, and participant reports are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Program participant activities are based on need and fall within the scope of the contract
- Effective communication takes place with staff, participants, service providers, funders and other related stakeholders
- Premises are well maintained and WorkSafeBC regulations are adhered to
- Obtains feedback from participants and other external stakeholders on quality of services being provided.
- Establishes and enhances networks with government agencies, community partners, employers, and professional bodies and stakeholders.
- Oversees the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, in keeping with BGC’s brand standards/guidelines to ensure that programs maintain full enrollment.
- Makes recommendations to Senior Director of Operations for revising and restructuring delivery of services and programs.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- Completion of a Bachelor Degree in social sciences or a related discipline or the equivalent education and experience (education and training in adult education, employment counselling/placement is an asset).
- 3 to 5 years of experience in program development, leadership and budget management (experience managing government funded programs and/or experience in accounting is an asset).
- 3 or more years experience with WorkBC programs and/or employment programs
- Outstanding leadership skills and experience supervising a multi-cultural/disciplinary team of employees.
- Experience writing and submitting proposals.
- Financial management experience with government funded employment programs (experience with budgets valued at $1,000,000/year or greater is an asset).
- Knowledge of local Labour market issues.
- Knowledge of career counselling approaches, educational methodologies, employment placement strategies, and case management techniques.
- Ability to network and build relationships with various stakeholders (experience in public relations, communications or marketing is an asset).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines including participating in, resolving, and effectively managing stressful and emergency/crisis situations.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and database managed programs (experience with ICM, BI Portal and Contract Financial Management System is an asset).
- Clean drivers abstract and a reliable vehicle insured for business use with $2 million liability.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) position subject to funding and contract renewals with benefits after 6 months and pension after one year.
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.