START DATE: As soon as possible
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employment Services
Summary of Responsibilities
The Program Administrator is responsible for the coordination and provision of administrative and financial support, and results tracking to the employment services programs.
- Complies with the policies and code of conduct of Boys & Girls Clubs of South Coast BC as well as all funder policies and procedures.
- Processes required documentation for staff.
- Provides office orientations for new staff members reviewing policies, procedures and related Health and Safety items.
- Coordinates purchasing requests for staff.
- Coordinates collection, collation and tracking of all participant information for internal and contract reporting requirements.
- Responsible for ordering, tracking and maintaining inventory, and reconciling client supports (I.e. food, gas, essential clothing, bus tickets) and payments, and tracking amounts available.
- Codes financial and accounting transactions to appropriate accounts and codes and processes invoices for payment.
- Verifies accuracy of cheques and/or requests adjustments as needed.
- Handles inquiries and resolves financial discrepancies.
- Reconciles and ensures accuracy of service provider invoices.
- Maintains complete records of the program’s accounting transactions and supporting documents.
- Provides administrative support to Staff.
- Ensures that monthly billables are done in a timely manner.
- Advises the Manager of any deficiencies in the systems that support the delivery of Employment Services programs.
- Assists in the purchase of program equipment and supplies; attends to and reports technical problems related to the use of equipment.
- Ensures accurate, on time submissions of staff and client payrolls.
- Uses Comvida software program to coordinate the submission and processing of client payrolls.
- Maintains payroll records and produces letters, memos, schedules and other documents.
- Ensures employee payroll allocations are kept current and accurately tied into contracts.
- Review monthly business invoices.
- Coordinates staff scheduling, leave requests, and time tracking.
- Oversees off site archiving of closed files.
- Provides reception support as needed.
Act as a key player in quality improvement activities and projects.
Coordinates administrative needs in both the North Delta and Ladner locations.
Performs other duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- Reliable vehicle insured for business use and 2 million liability and a clean drivers abstract
- High school diploma and Certificate in Office Administration or the equivalent of education and expertise.
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in office administration and bookkeeping or accounting. Experience in basic payroll is an asset. Experience in an employment service setting is preferred.
- Aptitude for administrative systems development, implementation and management.
- Experience with financial systems and processes, including assisting in the preparation of financial spreadsheets, data entry, tracking and filing of billing/invoicing and tracking and management of petty cash.
- Experience managing databases and generating reports.
- Experience using online technologies including email, chats, websites, intranets, online surveys.
- Exceptional customer services skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong word processing, financial and database knowledge and skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with clients, and staff throughout the organization.
- Ability to work within a team effectively and inspire commitment to continuous quality assurance
- Must be willing and able to travel for purchasing of client supports (i.e. bus tickets, gift cards etc.).
- Attention to detail.
This is position is part-time (21 hours/week) with possibility of full-time (35 hours/week).
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.