Program Assistant - Employment
START DATE: Apr 2019
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employment Services
Summary of Responsibilities
Boys & Girls Club of South Coast BC are seeking a results orientated Program Assistant who is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the staff and clients of the Work BC Program.
- Becomes familiar with the WorkBC Program and understands how this position plays a role in achieving the contractual outcomes of the program.
- Assists with the Bi-Weekly Orientation Sessions, greets prospective clients in attendance.
- Acts as back-up to the Client Service Worker and Employment Resource Advisor: Assists prospective clients in completing the OES (Online Employment Service) application, receives client preliminary needs assessment and directs clients to appropriate next steps, provides telephone and in-person reception duties, including answering the phone, screening and transferring calls.
- Responsible for locking & unlocking of entrance doors according to an agreed-on schedule.
- Books appointments for staff as well as managing room bookings & equipment bookings.
- Manages staff’s office supply needs and makes orders on a quarterly basis.
Assists in the development of office procedures for the back-end of the WorkBC Centre.
- Provides support to Client Service Team i.e. data entry into ICM and OCMS
- Provides support to WorkBC ICM Finance Coordinator in data collection, data entry and report Compilation.
- Attends and takes an active role in the department and all-staff meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- A reliable vehicle insured for business use and 2 million liability
- Post-secondary diploma or certification in administration, customer service or Human Resources or demonstrated experience in resolving issues, working with individuals with complex barriers and a broad cultural background
- A second language is preferable Punjabi or Mandarin
- Knowledge and ability to use systems such as ICM and OCMS
- Experience providing administrative/clerical support with a typing speed of 50 wpm or more
- Ability to provide information by telephone and emails in a pleasant manner
- Highly organized and able to stay calm under tight timelines
- Ability to work in both North Delta and Ladner offices
- Knowledge of employment programs services and resources within the local community
- Possesses patience, tact, flexibility and the ability to quickly assess and refer clients appropriately
This is a full time (35 hours per week) salary position with benefits after six months.
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.