We are thrilled to let you know that here at Boys and Girls Clubs Foundation of South Coast BC, we have recently added seven new members to our Board of Directors. This is BGC’s Posse. Crew. Pack. Family. Light Bringers. Magic Makers. Goal Getters. World Shifters. Passion Seekers. Whatever you want to call them, these are the fearless leaders that are a huge part of getting us where we want (and need) to go.
The new additions to the Board include:
- Jennifer Cheung, Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, Lululemon
- Rick Jeffery, President, Coast Forest Products Association
- Kelly LaVallie, Partner, MNP LLP
- Bill Maclagan, Managing Partner, Blake Cassels and Graydon LLP
- David Poole, Consultant; recently retired as Senior Vice President, Scotiabank BC & Yukon Region
- Howard Riback, Consultant; formerly General Partner & CFO, Ventures West
- Ross Turnbull, VP, Portfolio Manager, Odlum Brown Limited
This crew joins our returning members:
- Warren Beach, COO, CFO, Hold it All Inc.
- Tom Haberstroh (Past Chair of the Board); Consultant, Broadcast/Communications
- Larry Kean (Chair of the Board), VP, Scotia Private Client Group
- Mike Williams, President, Columbia Manufacturing Co.
“We are excited to have these new additions joining our returning members,” said Carolyn, our President and CEO. “This powerful group of community leaders have joined the BGC Board because they are passionate about kids and are prepared to share their networks to help us to double our fundraising revenue, which will allow BGC to execute on plans to open new Clubs and expand existing ones, and provide homes for homeless youth.”
“I’m a father, and spent many years coaching kids in sport,” explains Larry – Chair of the Board and VP at the Scotiabank Private Client Group. “That experience highlighted to me how vulnerability can be completely hidden, and isn’t always where you expect it to be. That BGC welcomes every kid in the neighbourhood, and then works individually with them means that kids are genuinely getting the support they need away from home and school to grow up well. I’m doing everything I can to contribute to that effort!”
As you can tell, this group brings brains, brawn and a sprinkle of beauty and we are excited for all of the ways they will support us in our ambitious plans to grow.