Odyssey I & II / Nexus:Odyssey and Nexus are programs for youth and their families affected by substance use. We provide a wide range of services: individual, family and/or group counselling, drop-in, social/recreational activities, referrals, drug/alcohol information and education, crisis intervention.
We also provide assessment and referral services to other programs, such as detox and residential treatment.
For additional information, please call 604.879.6554 or e-mail: [email protected]
Download brochures here: Odyssey and Nexus
To contact the programs directly:
Odyssey I: 604.299.6377 (518 Howard Street, Burnaby)
Odyssey II: 604.879.8853 (2875 St. George Street, Vancouver)
Nexus: 604.660.5216 (550 Cambie Street, Vancouver)
When are we open?Odyssey programs are open daily Monday – Friday, including some evenings. Please call for our current schedule.
Who is it for?
- Youth who are concerned about their own substance use
- Youth who are concerned about their friend’s or family’s substance use
- Family members, or service providers, who are concerned about a youth’s substance use
What Do We Offer?Odyssey I & II:
- Individual Counselling
- Group Counselling
- Family Counselling
- Peer Counselling
- Social/Recreational Activities
- Crisis Intervention
- Prevention Services
- Referrals and Assessment
- Networking with other Community Service Agencies
- Education on Alcohol and Drugs
- Crisis counselling
- Individual counselling
- Travel to youth locations—we recognize the importance of outreach counselling
- Assistance to youth identifying specific goals and needs
- Help youth access existing support programs and alcohol and drug services
- Aftercare service
- Drop-in counselling services at other street-youth programs
How Do You Access Our Services?
- Services are available to street-involved youth
- Youth can refer themselves or be referred by another service provider
- There is no fee for counselling services
We believe individuals have the right and capacity to determine how they would like to change, the strength to make these changes and the right to decide who they would like to involve in their change process.
We believe that substance use is part of a complex interaction between biological, psychological, spiritual and social factors that are unique to each person.
Both Odyssey and Nexus operate within a harm reduction model.