Human Resources Assistant
START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
Summary of Responsibilities
Are you someone that enjoys keeping things organized, is detail oriented, and who has experience with IT software and providing administrative support? BGC is looking for a new member of our HR team. If you have experience as an HR Assistant or a related role and are looking for new opportunities, we would love to hear from you.
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for supporting Human Resources (HR) and Payroll with clerical and technical support in recruitment, onboarding, exits, file management, quality assurance, benefits, and payroll administration. This position includes working with the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and Payroll systems, for both back-up coverage, and maintenance of accurate, up to date, and complete HR/employee records and forms. This position requires a high degree of discretion, professionalism, and confidentiality as it includes access to confidential, personal information of Organization staff.
- Create, maintain, and update personnel files and other related records (hard copy and electronic) including archive and confidential destruction following privacy and legal requirement guidelines.
- Enter data, update, and maintain information in HRIS and any other related platforms used by HR (such as BGC HQ).
- Provide payroll back up to Payroll Administrator
- Provide benefits administration support for enrollments, tracking, and terminations
- Assist with the creation and distribution of HR templates and documents (i.e. Letters of Employment, recruitment postings).
- Fax, photocopy, and scan documents as required.
- Process Provincial Criminal Record Review Program Checks
- Process annual driver’s abstract requests
- Follow up on reference, criminal record check and certification requirements as required.
- Generate reports out of Comvida HRIS/Payroll system.
- Locate filed materials upon request, ensuring that materials are given only to authorized users
- Assist with special projects and reports.
- Other related duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- Certificate or Diploma in Human Resources (related field or commensurate experience considered).
- Experience as a Human Resources Assistant preferred.
- Motivated team player with the ability to work independently when required.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Experience and competency using a variety of software programs such as HRIS to process and file information (familiarity with Comvida is an asset).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Payroll assistance experience is an asset.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) position with group benefits at 6 months and pension after one year.
Thanks in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BGC recognizes the value and importance of building and sustaining a culturally diverse environment and commits to intentional efforts to reflect that (along with our values) in all that we do. BGC has always been committed to diversity, and we believe that articulating our commitment to it in this way will support the ongoing evolution of this in our work going forward.
For employees, participants, volunteers, donors, and the community, we demonstrate that commitment through:
- Recruitment, employment, development, and promotion practices that are barrier free
- Encouraging representatives of diverse identities (race, national or ethnic origin, language, spiritual beliefs, age, gender, sexual identity, marital status, family structure, political beliefs, mental or physical ability, or socioeconomic status) to apply for available positions, participate in programs, and/or engage with BGC
- Making decisions based solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, performance, and organizational needs