Our BGC Besties
Suzanne Bolton and Jeff Mooney
George and Sylvia Melville
- RONA — Thank you and congratulations to Leo and team at Rona, Newton for raising an amazing $1,185 during the month of September for “Lowe’s Canada Heroes Campaign”.
- Planet Fitness Surrey is collecting back-to-school supplies for the month of August. Drop by their Club if you want to help.
- Saturday August 11th was a full day and night of high flying action at the Lucha Libre Spectacular at the Waldorf Vancouver! An authentic Lucha Libre and summer street fest in support of BGC!
- Scotiabank 5K and Half-Marathon: Do you like a challenge? Join BGC’s team for the Scotiabank Charity Challenge 5K on June 24th. You can walk, run, hop, or skip AND help to raise the critical funds needed to support BGC’s Club programs and services that help over 12,000 children, youth and families throughout the Lower Mainland. A 5K not your speed? Why not register for the Half-Marathon instead?!
- HBC Giving Day: On April 6, 2018 Boys and Girls Clubs are once again the national partner for the Hudson’s Bay Company and Home Outfitter’s Giving Day campaign. Purchase a $5 ticket in-store that entitles you to receive a discount on almost all purchases! 70% of the proceeds from tickets sold in-store will be donated to Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada’s Summer Brain Gain program. HBC Summer Brain Gain provides opportunities for Club kids ages 6 – 8 to practice reading and mathematics skills on a daily basis, with a focus on two key outcomes: educational activities that look and feel different from the regular school day, and high levels of kids’ engagement and motivation. Buy your $5 ticket when you shop at The Bay or Home Outfitter’s on Friday, April 6th! Save money on your purchases and support kids in your community – what’s better than that?!
- Party City: Are you holding a party in February or March? When you visit a Party City location throughout the Lower Mainland during February and March you can support Boys and Girls Clubs by making a donation at the cash register!
- Pink Shirt Day 2018: It was a great morning in downtown Vancouver on February 28th for this year’s Pink Shirt Day anti-bullying awareness campaign. Almost 200 BGC kids, staff, and volunteers made their voices heard encouraging others to combat cyberbullying. Check out photos of the morning here. Thanks to all of the BGC besties, who came out in the morning, and to our in-kind donors who contributed food and beverages to the kids’ Pink Shirt Day wrap party after school. We’re looking at you Panago Pizza, Old Dutch Foods, Safeway, and Coca-Cola! Thank you very much!
- Play On!: The street hockey tournament! Love playing hockey? Hockey Night in Canada and BGC held an exciting weekend tournament in Coquitlam – June 17-18. $500 from every corporate team registration went to support BGC!