- Book Now!
We are now taking group bookings for the Spring and Fall of 2024!
Camp Potlatch has been serving the needs of the community for over 70 years and is situated on 133 acres of old growth forest along the picturesque shores of the Howe Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
Renowned for its south-facing sandy beaches, unique wilderness location, quality facilities, and diverse program options, Camp Potlatch Outdoor Centre offers exclusive facility use and customized services.
- Camp Potlatch Outdoor Centre offers user groups flexible, tailored programming with a wide range of program options. Programs can be customized to the age, interest, and ability of the individual or group. Program availability is dependent on weather, though we are able to modify them rain or shine.
- Water Based / Canoeing, Sea Kayaking, Swimming, Fishing, Marine Walks, Stand-Up Paddleboarding.
- Land Based / Hiking, Archery, Rock Climbing, Camping Skills.
- And More! / Team Building Activities, Arts & Crafts, Group Games, Campfires, Overnight Trips.
Being true to the natural environment, Camp Potlatch has 14 cedar pan abode cabins. Each cabin has a configuration of bunk beds that can sleep up to 12 guests. Our cabins are separated into Lower and Upper Villages. Lower Village cabins are connected to our local power grid and have electricity while the generators are operational. The Upper Village cabins are not attached to our power grid, though they feature a larger cabin design. None of our main camp cabins are heated overnight, so warm clothes and bedding will help guests sleep tight. Linens and pillows are not provided by Camp Potlatch. Located nearby to both Upper and Lower Villages is a modern centralized washroom and showering facility. Private accommodations (some with private bath) for group leaders may be available upon request.
Accompanied by a large fireplace, our spacious Lodge provides indoor meeting and educational space. For outdoor gatherings, we have a large grass playing field and multiple fire pits located across the site for memorable evenings once the sun has gone down. Down by the dock you will find our boat house, containing 25 stand-up paddle boards 15 kayaks, 28 canoes with life jackets and wetsuits for participant use. Camp Potlatch is also home to Howe Sound’s only sand beach, with amazing south-facing views! Our site runs on a series of generators that provide power to all of the main buildings and a selection of our sleeping cabins. We turn the generators off between the hours of 10:30pm and 6:30am to help conserve energy and provide a unique wilderness experience.
Camp Potlatch features a fully equipped 1400 sq. foot kitchen and a 200-seat dining hall. We offer FOODSAFE certified staff that can meet any of your food service needs, including allergy and dietary considerations. At Camp Potlatch, we believe that food is essential to the overall camping experience. So, we are committed to serving meals that include classic and non-traditional “camp foods.” You will be served 3 nutritious meals a day (depending on arrival and departure times). We even take care of the dishes! Coffee and tea is available for teachers/chaperones throughout the day.
Camp Potlatch is a boat-access wilderness camp located less than an hour from downtown Vancouver. We are easily reached by a scenic water taxi voyage from Horseshoe Bay. This is often a highlight of the trip as it boasts amazing views of Garibaldi Mountain, The Lions, and Pam Rocks, where you may even spot some seals! Water taxi transportation is included and organized by Camp Potlatch, which takes the stress out of organizing boat transportation and allows us to get you the best rate through our preferred providers. Rental groups are responsible for their own transportation from home (wherever that may be) to the water taxi meeting location at Horseshoe Bay, where there is ample overnight paid parking or a good spot for your school bus to drop off a group.
Camp Potlatch Outdoor Centre is open for group bookings!
Between the months of April-June and September-October.
Please contact the City Office for available dates and pricing.
- Phone: 604-324-2267
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Potlatch Office: 7595 Victoria Drive Vancouver, BC V5P3Z6
Camp Potlatch rental fees are all inclusive and include:
- Cabin accommodations for all guests
- Return water taxi transportation to Camp Potlatch from Horseshoe Bay
- All meals and snacks while on site, including food prep and clean up
- Full, flexible tailored programming and qualified camp staff to facilitate
- Camp staff to ensure cleanliness of facilities and site
Camp Potlatch requires a minimum booking of 25 guests, or a flat rate applies.